Letter of Credit Classroom Training
Book Your Training Now
Day 1 | November 16, 2022
Exporter’s Insights to Letter’s of Credit – Understanding the Risks and Rewards
What is a Letter of Credit and how does a seller/exporter use it to get paid?
You may think you know the answers but what you don’t know may surprise you! We will take real case examples and work through the international sales process and review when and where the Commercial Letter of Credit should be discussed and what must be included to protect the Seller.
This Full Day Session will cover:
- The International Sale paid under a Documentary Letter of Credit (LC)
- A Step-by-Step Process Review – When and to What Depth should an LC be discussed
- How Incoterms® 2020 affect your Letter of Credit
- The Process of Utilizing the LC to Mitigate Risk
- How to Write an LC – What should go in it and what shouldn’t
- Letter of Credit management and what every stakeholder should know
This class will give you an immediate advantage in letter of credit management.
After attending this workshop, you will:
- have the knowledge to manage the export sale process as it relates to the Letter of Credit
- know what you want to see in the LC and what you don’t
- know what key elements will speed up your payment
- understand the LC flow and processes, parties of an LC and their roles
- understand the UCP600 and ISBP and how they affect your documents
- know how the Discrepancy process works and how to avoid it
- You will leave armed with the tools you need to receive payments for your exports faster on LC’s than being paid on open account.
This class is suitable for:
Exporters, Shippers, Manufacturers, Traders and anyone with either basic LC understanding or no LC working competence, requiring practical knowledge of Letters of Credit, its process and documents.
Day 2 | November 17, 2022
An Exporter’s Study in Getting Paid – How to create ZERO DISCREPANCY LC DOCUMENTS at first presentation
85% of Documentary Letter of Credit Presentations are refused for discrepancies. Learn how you can be one of the 15%.
In this class you will not only examine the various types of discrepancies, and how to identify them before they are called by the bank but you will also learn how to follow the guidelines to create pristine banking documents that will be compliant every time.
In this interactive session, we will use actual case files to create documents in class and check them as the Advising/Confirming banks would and examine the documents for discrepancies.
You will learn:
- what needs to be on your documents and what doesn’t.
- important rules that should never be broken
- debunked “rules” that are can be the difference to a quick payment or delays or non-payment
- how to create ‘every’ document that any LC may require
- how to endorse negotiable documents properly
- how to address unreasonable LC document requirements
- to identify potential unlawful document request
After attending this workshop, you will:
- have comprehensive understanding, tips and tools to know how to create or address any documents required by an LC including
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Airway Bill
- Commercial Invoice & Packing List
- Certificate of Origin
- Certificates of Warranty, Guarantee, Inspection, Analysis, etc.
- Draft/Bill of Exchange
- Courier Receipt
- Insurance Certificate
- Shipment Advice
- be empowered with the knowledge of how to satisfy UCP600, ISBP (International Standard Banking Practice), the Letter of Credit, and U.S. Export Regulations every time
Whether you are creating these or are outsourcing these documents, let us give you the knowledge to take ownership of Zero Discrepancy Creation and be in the 15% of top performers.
November 16 and 17, 2022
08:00 – Registration, Networking, Coffee & Continental Breakfast
09:00 – Sharp Start
12:00 – Lunch
01:00 – Sharp Continuance
04:40 – Close
The Wildwood Conference Center
480 Wildwood Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380, USA
USD 385.00 Per person per one class
USD 600.00 Per person for both classes
The costs above includes class materials, certificate of completion, continental breakfast, all day beverage service, light lunch
Registration closes by November 12, 2022
Terms and Conditions
- Space is limited. Registration closes by November 12, 2022. Register now to book your space.
- 4D’s COVID policy will be followed during this training, including maintaining social distancing and provision of hand sanitisers. Masks are not required, but attendees are encouraged to wear them throughout the training.
- Once registration form is completed, participants will receive a payment link to complete the payment for the training. Please complete the payment latest by November 12, 2022
- Training cost includes class materials, certificate of completion, continental breakfast, all day beverage service and light lunch
- Should you need to cancel your registration for the training due to unforeseen circumstances, please write in to at least 3 working days before class commences. You can either
- transfer the registration to a colleague
- obtain a credit coupon allowing you transfer your registration to the next class
- request for a refund
- Any last-minute cancellation requests will not be entertained